Job Title: Procurement Coordinator
Department/Project: Administration & Procurement
Supervisor: General Administration & Procurement Manager
Location/Duty Station: Dadaab
Job Summary & Purpose:
Reporting to the Administration and Support manager, the Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for identifying reliable and viable suppliers. The incumbent will ensure project materials/Services are procured in accordance with CARE Kenya Procurement manual and donor regulations and are of the required quality.
The job holder will be responsible for preparation and update of the procurement status report (PRT) and making follow-ups with Nairobi Office on purchases made and expedite on deliveries to Dadaab.
She/he will ensure the efficient procurement of goods and services including consultancy contracts, timeliness, and to monitor Dadaab procurement to identify problems and provide solutions to any procurement issues.
Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of purchasing officers and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services.
Tasks and responsibilities.
Strategy and Planning
- Co-coordinating the Pre-qualification of suppliers for Dadaab office.
- Prepare and review procurement status reports to ensure goods and services delivered to the users are as per agreed dates and specifications
- Developing and maintaining supplier relationship and performance management
- Reviewing and maintaining supplier’s master data for Dadaab region.
- Conduct market research via internet, publications and networks to keep abreast of market developments, specifications, Statistical data, market reports, prices and availability of goods and services.
- Developing and implementing procurement plans
- Managing Contract formulation and administrations including the negotiation
- Manage all procurement activities that require quotations, including sealed bids, normal bidding processes and Required Vendors.
- Overseeing the receipt, scrutinising and processing of purchase requisitions by the Procurement Officers
- Reviewing all procurement documents for Head office and sub offices including Summary bid analysis and minutes, Purchase orders and contracts that require approval by senior management or procurement committee.
- Providing advisory services to managers and project teams on procurement and logistics matters.
- Work closely with logistics Section in ensuring timely transportation of procured goods to the end user.
- Administer on-line purchasing systems.
Procurement Reporting and Maintenance of records
- Coordinate manual procurement records and filing.
- Hasten dispatch of documents relating to procurement matters to and from NSO
- Dispatch processed Purchase requests for NRB purchase to NSO and file transmittals
- Maintain and update computerized procurement report database. The Procurement Status Report.
- Produce and send to senior management and sector heads accurate weekly procurement status reports.
Maintain Procurement Office Integrity & Secrecy
- Safe custody of confidential procurement documents and files.
- Custody of CPO books
- Ensure confidential information on vendors is protected and does not leak to unconcerned parties
- Be of high integrity when undertaking the duties and maintain procurement office ethics.
Ensure Compliance of CARE and Donor Procurement Regulations
- Build capacity of program staff on CARE and Donor compliance requirements on procurement
- Enforce adherence to procurement compliance requirements across RAP
- Enforce a strict Bridger checks policy for vendors in line with CARE requirements.
Human Resource Management
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring personnel
- Developing and implementing personnel competency framework
- Appraising Staff
- Spending Authority: N/A
- Supervision: Administration and Support services Manager
- Decision Making:
- Regarding how to interpret procurement policy by project personnel
- Recommending purchase for significant spend to Tender committee and management.
- Assigning Purchase request to procurement officers.
- Vetting of vendors and their performance management
- Make decision on which procurement approach to be used incases where procurement such items are not clearly defined in the manual.
- Leave schedule for staff
Contacts/Key Relationships (internal & external):
- Procurement officers
- Project personnel
- Finance personnel
- Purchase Requestors
- Purchase order/Contract approvers
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Education: Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent and a Diploma in purchasing and Supplies Management. A member of professional body ie Chartered institute of purchasing and supply (CIPS) or Kenya Institute of supplies management (KISM) etc.
Experience: 4 years of relevant experience in Procurement, at least two in NGO.
Certificate: Documented under education in 1. above
Competencies: Demonstrated leadership qualities, management capability and integrity in work performance, Must be a team player, Excellent written and oral communication skills
Qualified candidates are invited to send their application letters quoting reference number on the subject field together with detailed C.V with three professional referees and daytime telephone contacts by Friday 20th July, 2011 to
The Human Resources & Development Manager, CARE International in Kenya.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Warning to all applicants: CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
For latest jobs in Kenya and Kenyan Jobs always visit http://kenyajobtube.blogspot.com/