Seeking: Procurement / Logistics Officer
Are you a Kenyan with Logistics and Supply Chain Experience and interested in working on a Somalia Program?
Are you committed to honesty and integrity?
Would you like to join a dynamic team working on stabilization initiatives for Somalia?
Please read on!
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) Program: The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
The TIS program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Procurement and Logistics Officer.
As our Procurement and Logistics Officer, you will work closely with the operations coordination and all other TIS functional teams to include and not limited to the program and grants team, the program grantees and vendors to support the above-referenced program objectives.
The work of Procurement / Logistics Officer requires detailed knowledge and Somalia experience, highly developed collaboration and networking skills and the exercise of discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility.
Qualifications and skills sought
- University degree level or equivalent in Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, Logistics/Procurement and Supply Chain Management or any other appropriate field.
- Minimum four (4) years relevant experience in a similar position, with specific focus on local/international procurement, clearing & forwarding, VAT exemption processes, Kenyan/Somalia laws and regulations, fleet management, insurance and inventory/stock/supplies management, development and control.
- Previous experience with USAID funded program, International or Local NGOs is preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior government personnel, colleagues, donor partners, private sector, and other actors that may be involved in the overall implementation of the project
- Ability to maintain high integrity in performing assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
- In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a multicultural team.
- Demonstrated expertise working in Somalia
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Internet applications.
- Fluency in English, Knowledge of Somali language is preferred
- Must have a valid passport that allows travel within the East African/ Horn region.
- Interest and availability to travel throughout Somalia.
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
1) a CV
2) current position and salary history and
3) three supervisors who can provide references to TIS@dai.com.
Closing date: Sunday, October 5, 2014.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.